Silk Touch Spawners

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Braydon381, Oct 20, 2016.

Welcome to the BlockTown Community!

Want to join the rest of our members? Sign up today for a free account to get started!

1. Braydon381

Braydon381 New Member Donator

Minecraft Username:
    Braydon381
    How's about a plugin that allows people to silk touch mob spawners to either sell them or create a larger spawner areas near their base.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Smirkyguy

Smirkyguy New Member

Minecraft Username:
    smirkyguy
    SilkSpawners is a great plugin that would do this perfectly! it allows spawners to be mined with silk touch, as well as letting builders modify spawners to any mob they wish, with per mob permissions :3 SilkSpawners - Bukkit

• Like Like x 1
  3. Braydon381

Minecraft Username:
    Braydon381
    Might I also suggest, that if this change happens, or even if it doesn't, to lower the amount of money you make from killing mobs from spawners. Currently if you don't have a spawner, you're lucky to have over 10k, but the moment you find one and make a halfway decent farm out of it, you're rolling in money and experience.

• Like Like x 1
  4. drsprite

drsprite Owner Staff Member Administrator Owner Donator

Minecraft Username:
    drsprite13
    Hey guys, the staff chatted about this and we're gonna deny this one for the time being. We had concerns about abuse. In that people may xray to find a ton of spawners, to sell them at the store. Another concern was an increase in lag by putting a bunch of spawners close together and having a ton of entities spawn out.

We may re-visit this one from time to time in the future though as it's come up a few times.

I'll also take a look at your 2nd suggestion on the MobHunting payouts. Unsure if there's a way to delineate mobs from a spawner or not.

5. Braydon381

Minecraft Username:
    Braydon381
    I'm sure there is, a few weeks ago it changed, it used to never give money, but in the last 4-5 days it started

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  6. drsprite

drsprite Owner Staff Member Administrator Owner Donator

Minecraft Username:
    drsprite13
    Yeah, we made a config change. A few weeks ago there was a penalty for using spawners where it would pay 0. I disabled that penalty about a week ago.

So the plugin definitely has an awareness to spawner radius; however I'm not sure if it has the smarts for a separate payouts from that radius.

Unless I re-instate the penalty but make it less severe as it was before - this is probably the way to do it.