Restarting the Server for 1.11

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by PCHealthKit, Nov 14, 2016.

Welcome to the BlockTown Community!

Want to join the rest of our members? Sign up today for a free account to get started!

1. PCHealthKit

PCHealthKit Member

Minecraft Username:
    PCHealthKit
    It's that time.... time to restart! The release of 1.11 is a big new update! I was wondering... when are we restarting/updating the server?

• Like Like x 1
  2. drsprite

drsprite Owner Staff Member Administrator Owner Donator

Minecraft Username:
    drsprite13
    Woo! 1.11 is out :party: - but we cannot upgrade. 1.11 is not released yet for SMP servers. This will probably take a month for the developers of Spigot to make that possible. Then we need to wait for all of the plugin developers to update their plugins - this could take a while too.

The wait for developers is why so many servers are on old versions. Upgrading is a slow process.

The changes announced in 1.11 don't warrant a full map reset - so we also won't be resetting the Survival Server map. Once we upgrade (after all plugins have been updated), the new mansions and such will spawn into new chunk areas.

I'll put together an announcement outlining all of this in the next day or so.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Hazely

Hazely New Member

Minecraft Username:
    Hazelyshepard
    Oh im so happy to hear there wont be a map reset Phew! i havent finished my first base yet

• Like Like x 1
  4. drsprite

drsprite Owner Staff Member Administrator Owner Donator

Minecraft Username:
    drsprite13
    • Agree Agree x 1