Removing PvP in block town

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by MageGamingYT, Sep 25, 2016.

Welcome to the BlockTown Community!

Want to join the rest of our members? Sign up today for a free account to get started!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MageGamingYT

MageGamingYT New Member

Minecraft Username:
    MageGamingYT
    Ok the only reason I am making this is because this is the second time my little sister has come into my room crying because some one killed her. The first one was forgiven but this second time it was just a immature kid that killed her and jumped into the void with all of her stuff this is really dumb because this is suppose to be family friendly when a little kid is crying because someone killed them it is not very friendly. So what I am getting at is making area were pvp is allowed like for example a pvp arena not just in the wild. This is for little kid said that are there to have fun creating stuff don't cry or have their stuff taken away. Or another way to do this is to make a pvp command so when you want to be part of pvp you can put in the command for when there is a bystander they don't get killed. I feel that having to deal with immature kids that bully a little girl is unacceptable and should be called greifing if their stuff is not returned. I don't want to deal with a crying 10 year old again. And to the butthole what did the void thing you need to grow up and stop bullying a 10 year old. So please fix this

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. drsprite

drsprite Owner Staff Member Administrator Owner Donator

Minecraft Username:
    drsprite13
    I agree, whoever did this was very mean, but we don't have any rules for or against PVP. Do you know who it was? We could issue a warning to them.

We also use /tpa for a reason because it allows you to accept or deny the teleport - so that you don't teleport yourself into an unknown situation which could result in a PVP kill.

Here's a couple way to make sure you're safe.

1. Don't /tpaccept to people you're not comfortable with.
    2. If you need to teleport to do a trade, go to /spawn or your /claim area, and then run /tpahere to teleport THEM to YOU. If you're in your claim, you're safe from PVP
    3. If you have an empty inventory (or at least no tools or sword), the Grief Prevention plugin will consider you an innocent player and will disable PVP for you.

With that said we are not modifying the PVP of BlockTown. We have utilities in place to protect people and their belongings.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. FreeWilly

FreeWilly Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Minecraft Username:
    FreeWilly
    An even safer place to do trades is /spawn or the shops

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. thewhenderson

thewhenderson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator Donator

Minecraft Username:
    FallenIcicle
    We also have no rules against taking the items of a PvP'd player. While it may hurt the feelings of those killed, it is entirely to the discretion of the PvP winner.

That being said, asking staff to replace items or enforce action against the winner of a PvP will be ignored. We aren't here to replace your lost items and we won't enforce a kick, tempban, or ban on a player that hasn't broken a rule.

PvP has long been a part of Blocktown from its early days. Yes, I remember we did remove it once, but to the request of many, it was brought back again on its successor map. It is in my opinion in that removing PvP, we remove a part of the game experience that was specifically overhauled in the recent update 1.10.

PvP will stay.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. MageGamingYT

MageGamingYT New Member

Minecraft Username:
    MageGamingYT
    My little sister was in her claim she said and was still killed

6. MageGamingYT

MageGamingYT New Member

Minecraft Username:
    MageGamingYT
    President David btw did it

7. MageGamingYT

MageGamingYT New Member

Minecraft Username:
    MageGamingYT
    Another thing they did was made fun of my spelling and how I was standing up for my little sister

8. Peridot

Peridot Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Minecraft Username:
    PeridotGlimmer25
    Thats Rude. The same thing is pretty much happening to me. By some immature 8 year old.

9. drsprite

drsprite Owner Staff Member Administrator Owner Donator

Minecraft Username:
    drsprite13
    This is a pretty old thread @Peridot - if you have a player to report, please use the player report form. Player Reports Make sure you read the thread on how to report a player correctly

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.