Nintendo Switch

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by drsprite, Oct 21, 2016.

Welcome to the BlockTown Community!

Want to join the rest of our members? Sign up today for a free account to get started!

1. drsprite

drsprite Owner Staff Member Administrator Owner Donator

Minecraft Username:
    drsprite13
    Hey this is pretty cool. Have you guys seen this? The Nintendo Switch is a new gaming console that looks like you can game wherever you want! Either on your TV, or undock the touchscreen and take it on the go with you.

It looks pretty cool! Sort of brings back some old school Nintendo memories I have.

What do you guys think?

[​IMG]

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. dartfrog0502

dartfrog0502 Moderator Staff Member Moderator Donator

Minecraft Username:
    dartfrog0502
    I'm super excited to get this! I can't wait to play LoZ: Breath of the Wild and Skyrim on the Switch. I'm also glad they seem to be moving away from Wii line of motion controls, because I've never liked many games that forced you to use motion controls, and that ship seems to have sailed judging by the low sales for the Wii U.

The only thing is, I'm really worried about its battery life with that big screen, and I feel like its portability would be limited compared to other consoles like the DS.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Kolossuz

Kolossuz New Member Donator

Minecraft Username:
    Kolossuz
    The 3DS XL has a fairly large screen (well, two of them) that would even out to be more than the switch, and it lasts me anywhere between 5-10 hours at least, on high brightness. I even once had SSB4 running when the battery was flashing red, and it lasted me the hour long car ride home. So I have no doubt that the Switch will have good battery life, as, in my experience, all Nintendo devices do.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Peridot

Peridot Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Minecraft Username:
    PeridotGlimmer25
    Yesss, So excited for it, Im actually considering pre ordering one

5. PCHealthKit

PCHealthKit Member

Minecraft Username:
    PCHealthKit
    [​IMG] wonder what this cat thinks about it (HE WILL BUY ALL OF THEM)

6. Peridot

Minecraft Username:
    PeridotGlimmer25
    I will buy Pusheen instead :3

7. Peridot

Minecraft Username:
    PeridotGlimmer25
    Too bad now the Switch is supposed to be pretty horrible now. :/ Ill buy a Wii U now.

8. dartfrog0502

dartfrog0502 Moderator Staff Member Moderator Donator

Minecraft Username:
    dartfrog0502
    Don't believe all the flak the Switch is getting on the internet, people are just being negative because Nintendo didn't do so well handling their previous console. But the Switch's game lineup was a lot better than the Wii U when it came out (not to mention it'll actually have a main Zelda and Mario game). And the DS had a terrible lineup, and look where they got with that!

Also, the Wii U is basically abandoned already. Unless there's games you really want to play for it, I wouldn't buy a Wii U.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2017