Ban Appeal for Hoopla920

Discussion in 'Ban Appeals' started by Hoopla920, Dec 18, 2016.

Welcome to the BlockTown Community!

Want to join the rest of our members? Sign up today for a free account to get started!

1. Hoopla920

Hoopla920 New Member

Minecraft Username:
    Hoopla920
    Why Did We Ban You?:
    Swearing, apparently
    What Rule Did You Break?:
    None.
    Have You Changed Usernames?:
    No
    Why Should You Be Unbanned?:
    Apparently, "gay" is considered a bad word on this server. Which not only is completely ridiculous for reasons I'll get into later, but also because "gay" isn't a swear word in daily conversation anyways.
    Saying that "gay" is a swear word sets the precedent that gayness or gay people in general are inherently bad or inappropriate which is harmful gay youth on the server and also harms impressionable people on the server by affecting their perception of homosexuality.
    I don't know if this standard was put into place by a plugin or because people were using the word "gay" as an insult, but regardless I think it's unacceptable. "Gay" getting banned as a result of it being used rudely adds insult to injury by implicitly taking the side of the offender rather than educating or punishing the perpetrator.

In short, I'd like to be unbanned and for "gay" to be taken off the unacceptable-words list.​

2. dartfrog0502

dartfrog0502 Moderator Staff Member Moderator Donator

Minecraft Username:
    dartfrog0502
    Your appeal has been accepted, you are now unbanned. Sorry for the mishap, we're still tweaking the profanity filter.

3. Hoopla920

Hoopla920 New Member

Minecraft Username:
    Hoopla920
    Thanks for the help

4. drsprite

drsprite Owner Staff Member Administrator Owner Donator

Minecraft Username:
    drsprite13
    Sorry about that - the new cuss filter is a little bit overzealous. I made more tweaks today